This is a very quick post to show you a makeup look I did a few days ago which I captured (rather badly) on my iphone.
I was really late getting up and out the house, so instead of panicking and scrabbling around, I thought I would gain composure and show you that in actual fact, you don't need bags of time to create a nicely done makeup look. In total this took me about ten minutes to complete.
I find the trick to doing makeup quickly but well, is not to do anything overly ambitious. I stick with products I can rely on and ones that I am competent using. This makes all the difference. I don't want to be fiddling around with eyeshadows that have mega fall-out or liquid eyeliner that I blatantly haven't got the hang of using yet. I stick with my staples; perhaps do things I wouldn't normally if I had more time (i.e. loose the brushes and apply with my fingers) and generally go for something very simplistic (no winged eyeliner today folks!).
In this instance here is a list of the products I used:
- Tinted Moisturiser: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser spf 20 (nude). When I am really short of time I usually pick my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser for the simple reason I feel I can apply it more freely than my foundation. I leave out primer on days like these and apply this product straight onto my face with my hands.
- Highlighter & Eye shadow primer: Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat - this is great to use as an eyeshadow primer as well as a highlighter when in a rush.
- Powder: MAC Mineralize Skin Finish (medium).
- Blusher: Stila Cheek Colour in Bud.
- Eye brow pencil: MAC's in Stud.
- Eye Shadow: Benefit's Creaseless Cream in Skinny Jeans. I can apply this with my fingers so no faffing with brushes. I build up the product on the lid to create a heavier, more dense colour then blend out towards the brow bone for a more sheer finish.
- Eye Liner: MAC Smoulder - a soft pencil that is just so easy to use - a real staple product for me.
- Mascara: MAC Falsh Lashes.
- Lipstick:Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Tint & MAC Plumful - For me, a strong lip colour is an easy way to create a 'madeup' look in very little time.
So there you are. Super quick makeup! I'd love to hear what you think. Feel free to write your comments below. And don't forget to sign up to follow ;)
Ciao for now x